Friday, December 9, 2011

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEheqNZj-ZM330RTzYzZfejmYGX7oTzHuzi7AurwMVXb3QLg7dZKRXjIGyV4o1_56WXGzkhDIluNmlo5XjLE0yl6lkt8RWhLjmpkvoh6hGkWbwztEH0t-htufoIlws-gBPosJMeEJUy_1u8/s1600/THREE-AMIGOS.gif

By David Saltzer, AngelsWin.com Senior Writer

I’m still in shock. I know it’s true, but I still don’t believe. Not only is C.J. Wilson is an Angel, giving the team the best rotation in the American League, Albert Pujols, the greatest position player in this generation (and one of the greatest hitters ever), is an Angel.

I still can’t believe I’m typing that.

Wednesday night, I had a tough time falling asleep. The thought of hearing David Courtney say “Now batting for the Angels, Albert Pujols” gave me chills. I dreamt about sick lineups and monster homeruns. I tossed and turned as I waited for more information. I was mad at my new phone for not giving me updates fast enough, and couldn’t pull myself away from the computer keyboard.

Around midnight, my phone chirped away with this little tidbit from Bob Nightengale “BNightengale: The #Angels say that they can afford to sign both Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson, shelling out in excess of $300 milliion. [via Twitter]” While I didn’t want to get my hopes up too much, that didn’t help me inability to fall asleep.

So, on less than 4 hours of total sleep, I awoke to THE NEWS: the Angels had signed Albert Pujols. Shortly thereafter, I got MORE NEWS: the Angels had signed C.J. Wilson.

I nearly exploded with joy.

Like many Angels fans, I wore an Angels jersey to work today. Throughout the day, people who hadn’t yet heard the news stopped to ask me why I was wearing an Angels jersey in the winter. When I told them THE NEWS, they too were in shock. They too were in awe. They gave me high-fives and we talked baseball in December. We felt like kids.

People who knew THE NEWS pointed and waived. They gave thumbs up and high-fives as they saw my jersey. They stopped to talk baseball. They too felt like kids.

My friends and family from all over the country called and texted. Whether they were Angels fans or not did not matter. They just wanted to talk about THE NEWS and bask in the joy.

Years from now, I know that I will have a conversation with my sons about the greatest days that I have experienced as an Angels fan. While nothing will ever top Game 7, December 8, 2011 will be a close second. That’s because December 8th will forever be the day the Angels took a monumental leap forward as a franchise and set themselves up for the next decade.

On behalf of Angels fans everywhere, thank you Mr. Moreno.

P.S. Albert, thank you for signing with the Angels. I really didn’t want to hate my new smart phone, and since it delivered THE NEWS to me, I’m back to loving it.
Love to hear what you think!
Copyright © 2013 Los Angeles Angels Blog | AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com is the unofficial website of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Our comments and views do not express the views of the major league club or anyone affiliate with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.  AngelsWin.com blog content, articles and opinions are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind.  We disclaim warranties, express or implied, including warranties for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, availability, security, compatibility and non-infringement.  Blog material, articles and other information furnished or supplied by you to AngelsWin.com become the ownership of AngelsWin.com for use at our discretion.  Your use of AngelsWin content is at your own discretion and risk. We do not warrant that any content here be error free that access thereto will be uninterrupted or errors will be corrected. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding  the use of any content made available through AngelsWin.com  You hereby waive any claim against us with respect thereto. AngelsWin.com may contain the opinions and views of other members and users. We cannot endorse, guarantee, or be responsible for the accuracy, efficacy or veracity of any content generated by our members and other users. The content of AngelsWin.com is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. Such content is not intended to, and does not, constitute legal, professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used for such purposes. Reliance on any information appearing on AngelsWin.com is strictly at your own risk. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in, or accessible through, the AngelsWin.com without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer or professional licensed in the recipient's state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.