By Jeff Flinn - AngelsWin.com Contributor
- Weaver and Haren were masterful, and minimized their pitch counts enough to give the bullpen much less work.
- Walden continues to mow the batters down.
- The hitting was just timely enough, as the RISP hitting was better against the Rays than it was against the Royals.
- Kendrick seems to have rediscovered his 2nd half of 2009 hitting, and in addition is chasing much fewer down and out sliders which has led to 5 BBs already after 6 games.
- Callaspo is looking like the April 2009 through May 2010 version again. If he can continue that, it allows Izturis to play 2B and SS as needed.
- Trumbo showed a lot in getting 3 hits on Wednesday afternoon, and showing some ability against righties.
- Mathis finally got back into the swing of things at the plate on Wednesday afternoon.
- The defense continues to look solid for the most part.
- Vernon Wells continues to struggle mightily at the plate. It's early, but hopefully it won't last for too long.
- Torii is so important to this team, but it would be nice to see him hit into fewer double plays.
- Not really a thumbs down, given his lack of experience, but Kohn really does need more seasoning at AAA. I like the moxie that he showed in September though.