Thursday, November 20, 2014


As we celebrate our 10th anniversary at AngelsWin.com we've focused our attention on our writers, mods, contributors & website members. Today we put the spotlight on Dochalo, one of our longest tenured members, writer and a great contributor to forum discussions. Doc is as witty as they come and a fan favorite among all members at AngelsWin.com. As our resident doctor, Jason has provided insight into player injuries and even aided some of our members when ailing with an injury. 

Let's get to know Dochalo a bit more in today's Member Appreciation Interview.

AngelsWin.com: When and how did you first come to AngelsWin.com?

dochalo:  I was an ESPN lurker till 2002 and then joined the board right when it went to hell. Thanks God you created this place or I'd have spent countless hours over the past ten years doing something constructive. I have been here since the start and have a general sense of entitlement as a result

AngelsWin.com:  What keeps you coming back to the site?

dochalo: In the immortal words of Elwood - 'This mall has everything'. Excellent info on my favorite sports related topic.  Inside scoops, great articles, but mostly the forum banter.  The day to day interaction can't be beat.  

AngelsWin.com:  What have been some of your favorite articles and threads?

dochalo: Adam's Foe Fodder articles about the A's. The Munkee thread with the pic of the vomiting chimp. The Vernon Wells trade thread. All of the saber related articles and countless stuff in the hangout.  

AngelsWin.com:  What in-person events have you attended from AngelsWin.com (Spring/Summer Fanfests, Charity Golf, Charity Softball)?

dochalo: Early on I had a little more time to attend the softball games but kids and work have made our schedule pretty hectic these days.  I am hoping that with my new job and weekends free I can start to come around more.

AngelsWin.com:  Why is AngelsWin.com your internet home for the Angels?

dochalo: The people first and foremost.  It's fun to discuss such a broad range of topics with people from all walks of life with such differing experiences and opinions.  Yet the common denominator being the halos.  

AngelsWin.com:  In your opinion, what is AngelsWin.com’s best feature: the articles, charitable events, game-day chat, message boards, Fanfests, podcasts, etc?

dochalo: To me, it's the message board followed closely by some of the articles/features.  So many creative and funny people.  So many perspectives.  
  

Lighter Side


AngelsWin.com:  Where do you live and what do you do?

dochalo: I don't just play a Doctor on tv.  I am a radiologist and love my job very much.  The healthcare world is changing like crazy right now in so many interesting ways.  Not all good.  Not all bad.  I feel very fortunate to be in a position to do what I want as a physician yet have time to be with my family.  

I live in pasadena.  I really like the San Gabriel Valley and I love living in California after being in the midwest for 9 years.  Chicago is a great city but very cold.  Milwaukee is just very cold.  

AngelsWin.com: Why are you an Angels fan?

dochalo: I didn't have a choice.  It's in my DNA.  Dad has been a fan since before I was born.  Played a ton of ball growing up so I am just a huge baseball fan in general.  I was a bit of a closet fan for many years.  My friends would make fun of me as they are all Dodger fans.  I quit being a fan for the 1987 season.  I was at the stadium for THE 1986 playoff game.  I was 14 at the time and actually cried.  It didn't take long for me to restore my fandom.  

AngelsWin.com:  What was your first Angels game that you remember? Who’d you go with?

dochalo: Not my first game, but one that really sticks out is one of the Milwaukee Brewers playoff games.  I went with my Dad and we sat in dead center above the tunnel back before they redid the stadium.  I couldn't see shit even with binoculars.  Grew up in Arcadia and we used to just hop down the 57 to the game in 35mins.  Now it's just a slog to get down there on a weekday.  No offense to anyone, but I am hoping they move the team closer.  :)

AngelsWin.com:  Who have been your favorite players? Why? Any great stories or interactions with them?

dochalo: Home grown players mostly although I loved Vladdy.  It's amazing to have a generational player in Trout on the team right now.  Otherwise, Salmon, Edmonds, GA, Chili Davis, Joyner, JT Snow.  I'm left handed so I tend to like those guys most.  

I been able to hang out with Scioscia a few times.  We play golf with him and a few other guys a couple times.  He was in the foursome behind us and was walking up to the tee when I was teeing off. I hit a hole in one!!  I've seen him a couple times since and he says - 'hey, the doctor who hit the whole in one'.  I thought that might be a cool nickname but my wife refused to call me that.  

AngelsWin.com:  How do you survive the offseason?

dochalo: I enjoy the offseason from about mid November thru January.  Waiting for the season to start those last couple of months is brutal.  Right now is the worst time until the hot stove gets going.  College and NFL football otherwise.  Been getting into hockey a little. 

AngelsWin.com: What’s one thing you’d like everyone in AngelsWin.com to know about you?

dochalo: I am a big soccer fan, but I don't like cats or arnold palmers, and I hate scones.  What a waste.  Shit load of calories and butter but they are still dry.  It defies physics. I am also one of those annoying foodie people, but I've been one prior to it being pseudo cool.  I generally cook for the family most nights. My wife is super hot and super sweet.  I totally out kicked my coverage on that one so I locked her up quick.  My kids are smarter, nicer, and better looking than anyone else's kids.......just like everyone else's kids.
Love to hear what you think!
Copyright © 2013 Los Angeles Angels Blog | AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com is the unofficial website of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Our comments and views do not express the views of the major league club or anyone affiliate with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.  AngelsWin.com blog content, articles and opinions are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind.  We disclaim warranties, express or implied, including warranties for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, availability, security, compatibility and non-infringement.  Blog material, articles and other information furnished or supplied by you to AngelsWin.com become the ownership of AngelsWin.com for use at our discretion.  Your use of AngelsWin content is at your own discretion and risk. We do not warrant that any content here be error free that access thereto will be uninterrupted or errors will be corrected. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding  the use of any content made available through AngelsWin.com  You hereby waive any claim against us with respect thereto. AngelsWin.com may contain the opinions and views of other members and users. We cannot endorse, guarantee, or be responsible for the accuracy, efficacy or veracity of any content generated by our members and other users. The content of AngelsWin.com is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. Such content is not intended to, and does not, constitute legal, professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used for such purposes. Reliance on any information appearing on AngelsWin.com is strictly at your own risk. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in, or accessible through, the AngelsWin.com without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer or professional licensed in the recipient's state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.